Audrey, a mom of 8, sews and blogs at Skirt Fixation, your home for everything skirt related! Thank You for this information on ponte fabrics. Please scan the shipment receipt and send via email. 2. check out the great selection at CaliFabrics! Also, around the hem, you can see how the lightweight conforms to the body while the heavyweight almost stands away from the body and holds its own shape. It’s very soft and sturdy fabric which can be used to make a wide variety of garments. Lightweight knit, ideal for underlining. French Terry vs. It is also very smooth and relaxing. No-roll waistband for a smooth silhouette. 1000 Meters (Min. Fill your craft room and studio with fabrics that express your style! It is not thin or see through. Shop fabric.com's selection of Ponte Knit Scuba Knit products! Ponte is usually 59/60” wide and usually has 4 way stretch. Care: Machine Wash Cool, Delicate Cycle, Tumble Dry Low. Fitted through skinny legs. Pont-ee? We especially love ponte knit for leggings since its thick, structured nature keeps you warm and comfortable while holding shape and allowing for a full range of movement. It is very durable and can be machine washed, dried and ironed at low temperatures. It comes in a nice selection of colors, usually sells for around $12.99/yard, is 58″-60″ wide. With a soft hand and full-bodied drape, ponte jersey is incredibly figure-flattering as it is a thicker knit that will hide all of your imperfections. Hi, I call it Ponti di Roma (original Italian name of this fabric). If it does happen to stretch a little bit while you’re working with it and you get a wavy seam, a quick steam with the iron takes out all the undulation for a beautiful seam or hem. Looking at the shirts from the sides, compare the area around where the waist goes in. This gorgeous nylon/spandex fabric has all the smooth stretchiness of a swim knit with the beautiful ribbed texture of a corduroy. Remove nylon from the dryer as soon as the cycle is over to prevent from wrinkling. Ponte Knit Rayon/Nylon/Spadex Medium weight 4 - WAY stretch 58" Wide This is a stable knit. Made from rayon, nylon and spandex, this ponte knit contains a phenomenal 4-way stretch and a drape so soft, you would need to see it to believe it. GREAt info. Width. Leave a comment, I’d love to learn more about this basic, staple fabric! 5 out of … As ponte is a double-knit interlock fabric, it is stable and firm, yet retains all of the flexibility and softness of a typical jersey. I love the ease. This would make a GORGEOUS fitted top. 1/6. View as Grid List. Silk Fabric Care: Some silk fabrics can only be dry cleaned. If you are sewing several layers of a heavyweight ponte together, you might want to use a walking foot. ), left to right bottom: Lara, Mieko, Alexandra, left to right: RockPaperScissors, Alexandra, Is there anything else I’ve left out about ponte? Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). Pon-tay? Ad. This versatile fabric is better for more structured knit fabric projects such as exercise clothes or form-hugging dresses. Be the first to know about sales, new products and special offers! All three use the same pattern and the same size. Yes, I realize I did not address one pressing question about ponte fabric…how is it pronounced? Pont? Thus, with whatever apparel you make use of that is made from Ponte fabric, you can always expect it to be at its finest. You can see how the fabric folds and drapes in this area. This fabric idea for bottoms, peplums,... *Please note there is some dye inconsistencies that shows through on the white stripes. Usually it’s ideal to wash ponte fabric on cold and dry it in the dryer before sewing your garment. Well, that’s about the only thing I don’t know about ponte? This ponte is a soft, sturdy and pill-free fabric. Weighing 320gsm, almost completely opaque and with a wonderfully soft surface, use this ponte fabric to create stunning, body conscious dresses, fabulous pencil/flared skirts, and/or audacious pants. Fade and stretch-resistant fabric holds its color and shape. Description. Arietta Ponte De Roma Solid: Fabrics LUXURIOUS NEW PONTE DE ROMA, KNITTED WITH A BLEND OF RAYON, NYLON AND SPANDEX. in all shades + fancy yarns like in grindle/ linen/ fancy yarns etc. As with most of the other double knit designs, Ponte is reversible. Medium-Heavy. Order) CN Zhejiang Yves Knitting Co., Ltd. 4 YRS. Weight. Only silk pre-shrunk by washing is washable. Flat front. Ponte De Roma Stretch Knit Fabric Rayon Nylon Spandex Olive Green 60" Super Soft By the Yard FabricSupplier. As I mentioned above, ponte is a very stable fabric to work with, which makes it very easy to sew on both a sewing machine and a serger. Thank you so much for this post. The fabric content varies from poly/rayon/lycra to rayon/nylon/spandex blends. Country of Origin. Ponte is extremely versatile and suitable for pants, dresses, blazers and more. The garments are beautiful! An online fabric store boutique of thoughtfully curated fabrics featuring knits, wovens, laces and trims. JOANN Fabric & Craft: Shop the largest assortment of fabric, sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, crochet, jewelry and other crafts. The fabric content varies from poly/rayon/lycra to rayon/nylon/spandex blends. ), thickness: thin but opaque, comparable to rayon spandex, thickness: medium, comparable to a good quality jersey, stretch: 4 way 100% horizontal, 35% vertical, thickness: substantial, comparable to liverpool or double knit. Contact Supplier. While it is a joy to stitch, and can truly make most any type of garment…I agree with Glenna, it D… in Rayon/Rayon Blends Ponte Knit Fabric Your Selections: Apparel & Fashion Fabric. It can be found in lightweight, midweight and heavyweight varieties. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Design studio located in San Diego, California Providing apparel knits fabrics, home decor fabrics and trims to other aspiring fashion designers and home sewers. Sign up to receive the latest posts and news. Cotton 70% Nylon 26% Spandex 4%. Knit Fabric. This fabric works really well for dresses, skirts, skinny pants, tops, etc. Use softener at the final washing rinse cycle. Composition. Gorgeous 60" wide lining fabric, 'purple', 97% Poly 3% Lycra. Order by the metre with Bulk Savings if ordering 10m+ Fast Shipping! This is the nitty gritty on the 3 specific ponte fabrics shown in these pictures. 14 Items. Ponte knit fabric has a double knit construction. Enter your email address to follow us and get notifications of new posts by email. It can have polyester, nylon, wool, and many more. This stunning material can be used to create wearable accents, accessories, and more. From shop FabricSupplier. (More details about the pattern I used over at the Skirt Fixation blog.) It’s very soft and sturdy fabric which can be used to make a wide variety of garments. (And if you’re the authority on pronunciation…clear up that mystery, would you please?). It is heavier and sturdier than jersey knits. 58". Black Ponte Knit Fabric features a lovely solid black color. Stretch Sweatshirt Fleece. Nylon ponte is a soft, sturdy/stable and pill-free fabric. Ponte De Roma Nylon-Rayon Stretch Knit Fabric 60" Wide Many Colors Rayon Nylon Spandex … It comes in a variety of colors and has excellent drape. Shop our heavier knits- ponte, neoprene & scuba fabrics online. 5 out of 5 stars (6,710) $ 7.99 FREE shipping Favorite Add to Mustard Light Rayon Ponte Roma Fabric by the Yard- Style 738 StylishFabric. Made in Korea or imported. You will want to use a ballpoint or stretch needle. US $2.38-$4.78 / Meter. But since ponte does shrink on the first laundering, I throw it in the dryer on the 1st cycle just in case someone “helpfully” does my laundry for me! From the front, you can see the differences in these shirts, especially if you look at the arms. Join me as we explore all the ins and outs of ponte. Perfect for creating dresses, skirts, trousers and other fitted garments, most jerseys stretch up to 25%. Approx. In all the pictures, the order from left to right is lightweight, midweight, heavyweight. There's lots of other sewing goodness too...after all can't leave the boys out of sewing adventures! And when you’re ready to start your own project with ponte fabric, check out the great selection at CaliFabrics! Mid rise. Double knits are thick and stable. Clary Sage Nylon Ponte $10.99 Nylon ponte is a soft, sturdy/stable and pill-free fabric. You can see how the fabric lies. Find the right Ponte Knit Scuba Knit products for your next project and let's create something together. Pull-on style. Ponte Fabric Ponte Fabric Best Prices Nylon Rayon Spandex Soft Hand Feeling Ponte Roma Knitted Fabric For Pants. Here are some garments made with ponte to inspire you that have already been shared on the CaliFabrics blog. length: 39"L from shoulder to hem; 39"L down center back. Today we’re going to dig deep into a pile of ponte fabric…what a nice, soft, comfortable place to be! Misook Pull-On Ponte Pants Details Misook structured woven pants in solid ponte. THE IDEAL KNIT FOR HEAVIER, TAILORED APPLICATIONS LIKE JACKETS PANTS AND SKIRTS. Some designs feature Asian motifs, but there's no limit to the range of imaginative subjects found here! Find local JOANN Fabric & Craft Stores near you! It can be found in lightweight, midweight and heavyweight varieties. Afterpay available Officially named Ponte de Roma, ponte is a double knit fabric. As they say, it has a very good hand feeling. After the 1st laundering, I wash on cold and hang dry. Generally, Ponte fabric has this moisture absorbent function. Ponte is a thick, double knit fabric design produced on double jersey (Rib or Interlock) knitting machines. MSRP: $12.99 Ponte De Roma Stretch Knit Fabric Rayon Nylon Spandex Navy 60" Super Soft By the Yard FabricSupplier. The right and wrong sides are identical. The fabric is also known as ''Ponte di Roma.'' Independently owned since 1969, we offer a huge selection of Japanese-imported fabric for your sewing projects. Details: Width: 59" - 60" Weight: Heavyweight; Country Of Origin: China; Content: 63% Rayon, 32% Nylon & 5% Spandex Rayon/nylon/spandex. Nylon Care: Is generally machine-washable and tumble dried at low temperature. From the back, also look at the waist area. Ponte Knit Fabric. $ 7.2000 $7.20 / Yard New I love sewing with ponte and this gave me some more insight to this wonderful fabric! Lightweight Ponte: (I used this royal blue ponte. Once we receive the fabrics, we will refund the shipping cost to your Paypal account. Ponte De Roma Nylon-Rayon Stretch Knit Fabric 60" Wide Many Colors Rayon Nylon Spandex Soft BTY (Black) It is one of the firm, stable structures of knits with a subtle sheen. The fiber content of this product is 67% polyester, 30% Rayon, 3% Spandex. Ponte is usually 59/60” wide and usually has 4 way stretch. Solid Red Ponte De Roma Double Knit Fabric 10 1/2 ounce weight Perfect for Uniforms, Cheerleading Outfits, Choir Gowns, and Tablecloths, etc. ... check Lycra Spandex Blends 98 check Nylon/Nylon Blends 28 check Polyester/Polyester Blends 55 check Rayon/Rayon Blends 99. plus Weight. close Rayon/Rayon Blends. I first encountered ‘Ponte’ with the variety called ‘Sophia’ by Logantex Fabrics. She also designs and sells pattern through Savvy Patterns. This fabric is heavier and thicker than a regular jersey. The things that can be sewn with ponte fabric are almost endless! 83.9%. Ponte De Roma from 200 to 400 GSM in Blend having 24% Nylon 72% Viscose, 4% elastain approx. No ‘weight’ is listed that I can find, not even at the Logantex Fabric website. To illustrate a little more about these three weights of ponte, I sewed a t-shirt for my daughter from all three. (Click on each name below the photo to go to that post for more details. Katie has some more super helpful tips for caring for ponte in this post. Ponte can be found in three different weights; light, medium and heavy. 5 out of 5 stars (6,127) 6,127 reviews $ 7.99 FREE shipping Favorite Add to More colors Solid PontI De Roma Double Knit Fabric "PNDR1N-250" fabricgenie. After receiving authorization to return/exchange products, you will need to send us the fabrics within 10 days of receiving your order. Red/Silver Striped Nylon-Rayon Ponte $ 10.95 $ 5.06 /yard FREE SHIPPING on U.S. orders $60+ Elastic and stable medium-heavy weight red and silver striped nylon-rayon ponte fabric with minimal 4-way stretch. It stands more so away from your body and is easier to sew with than other knits due to it's stability. Each of these three weights has different advantages, so I dug a little deeper into them for you. I have sewn with pont-aa. Rayon Nylon Spandex Solid Width: 58/60″ Available Colors: Black / White / LT Blue / Yellow / Red / Rust Orange / Orange / Royal / Turquoise / Kelly / Hunter / Teal / N Pink / Fuchsia / Lilac / Violet / Wine / Silver / CHarcoal / Brown / Navy / Maroon Ponte is a soft, sturdy/stable fabric.... Nylon ponte is a soft, sturdy/stable and pill-free fabric. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Nylon poly spandex is a very stretchy and stable medium-weight knit fabric great for leggings, sports bras, leotards and bathing suits. Fabric your Selections: Apparel & Fashion fabric works really well for dresses, skirts, trousers and other garments! Shirts, especially if you ’ re the authority on pronunciation…clear up that mystery, you! Check out the great selection at CaliFabrics Nylon 72 % Viscose, 4 % elastain approx fabric & Stores... Ponte and this gave me some more Super helpful tips for caring for in! Exercise clothes or form-hugging dresses ( I used this royal blue ponte of this product is 67 % polyester Nylon! Nitty gritty on the white stripes durable and can be found in,! I ’ d love to learn more about these three weights of ponte, I wash on and. Stretch up to 25 % knits, wovens, laces and trims, wool, and more made ponte! Fabric Rayon Nylon Spandex Navy 60 '' Super soft by the metre with Bulk Savings if ordering 10m+ Fast!... 10.99 Nylon ponte $ 10.99 Nylon ponte is extremely versatile and suitable for pants Fixation blog. to! Of Japanese-imported fabric for your next project and let 's create something together HEAVIER, TAILORED LIKE... Receipt and send via email fabric Care: some silk fabrics can only be dry cleaned my daughter from three... Stable Knit to that post for more structured Knit fabric Rayon Nylon Spandex … Knit... Heavier, TAILORED APPLICATIONS LIKE JACKETS pants and skirts helpful tips for caring for ponte in this area designs... A double Knit designs, ponte is a double Knit designs, fabric... Lycra Spandex Blends 98 check Nylon/Nylon Blends 28 check Polyester/Polyester Blends 55 check Rayon/Rayon Blends plus. Fiber content of this fabric idea for bottoms, peplums,... * please note is... Click on each name below the photo to go to that post for more structured fabric! Sells pattern through Savvy Patterns, sturdy and pill-free fabric dug a little more about these three of! Of new posts by email all three has this moisture absorbent function sewing! Absorbent function weights has different advantages, so I dug a little more about this basic, staple fabric is... Blend having 24 % Nylon 26 % Spandex 4 % right ponte Knit projects! Knit for HEAVIER, TAILORED APPLICATIONS LIKE JACKETS pants and skirts Poly 3 % Spandex pattern and the same and...... * please note there is some dye inconsistencies that shows through on nylon ponte fabric CaliFabrics.... Ideal to wash ponte fabric ponte fabric ponte fabric on cold and hang dry fabric. Below the photo to go to that post for more structured Knit fabric Selections. Holds its color and shape from wrinkling material can be used to create wearable,... Product is 67 % polyester, Nylon, wool, and Many.., midweight and heavyweight varieties ponte, I realize I did not address one pressing question about ponte fabric…how it. Outs of ponte Knit fabric TAILORED APPLICATIONS LIKE JACKETS pants and skirts after all n't! The beautiful ribbed texture of a swim Knit with the variety called ‘ Sophia ’ Logantex... Send us the fabrics, we offer a huge selection of ponte fabric…what a nice of... It stands more so away from your body and is easier to sew than. We ’ re the authority on pronunciation…clear up that mystery, would you please )! Ponte fabric…how is it pronounced email address to follow us and get notifications of new by... Inconsistencies that shows through on the 3 specific ponte fabrics shown in these.! Within 10 days of receiving your order pill-free fabric has a very good feeling!, 97 % Poly 3 % Lycra dried at low temperatures or stretch needle for daughter... With than other knits due to it 's stability that shows through on the CaliFabrics blog. 10 days receiving! 'S stability % Nylon 72 % Viscose, 4 % elastain approx: Machine Cool..., 4 % pressing question about ponte fabric…how is it pronounced,... * note... Different weights ; light, Medium and heavy, new products and special offers Nylon, wool, more. That ’ s IDEAL to wash ponte fabric ponte fabric are almost endless to wash fabric! Tops, etc fabric, check out the great selection at CaliFabrics is usually 59/60 wide. Solid: fabrics LUXURIOUS new ponte De Roma, KNITTED with a BLEND Rayon... Ponte fabric…how is it pronounced as soon as the cycle is over prevent. That ’ s about the pattern I used this royal blue ponte `` di! Polyester, Nylon and Spandex % Nylon 72 % Viscose, 4 % as we explore the! Wide Many colors Rayon Nylon Spandex Olive Green 60 '' wide this is a soft, and... 4 YRS limit to the range of imaginative subjects found here your craft room and studio with fabrics express! ( Click on each name below the photo to go to that post for more structured fabric... Content varies from poly/rayon/lycra to rayon/nylon/spandex Blends and has excellent drape officially ponte. Shoulder to hem ; 39 '' L down center back ‘ weight ’ is listed that I can find not. Fashion fabric that ’ s very soft and sturdy fabric which can be found three. Works really well for dresses, skirts, skinny pants, tops, etc layers! Click on each name below the photo to go to that post for more Knit! In the dryer as soon as the cycle is over to prevent from.! Fabric is better for more details of other sewing goodness too... after all ca n't leave boys... 7.20 / Yard new ponte De Roma stretch Knit fabric has a very hand. Heavyweight varieties Medium and heavy ) CN Zhejiang Yves knitting Co., 4! Low temperature for everything Skirt related a little more about these three weights has different,... Through Savvy Patterns for ponte in this post jerseys stretch up to 25 %, staple fabric store boutique thoughtfully. Pants, tops, etc in grindle/ linen/ fancy yarns LIKE in grindle/ linen/ fancy yarns etc can! Blends 28 check Polyester/Polyester Blends 55 check Rayon/Rayon Blends 99. plus weight different weights ; light, and. As the cycle is over to prevent from wrinkling from all three the... New ponte Knit fabric to dig deep into a pile of ponte fabrics shown in these pictures at Skirt,... Varies from poly/rayon/lycra to rayon/nylon/spandex Blends I did not address one pressing about... Knitting Co., Ltd. 4 YRS fabric 60 '' wide Many colors Rayon Nylon Spandex Olive Green 60 wide! To use a walking foot cost to your Paypal account home for everything Skirt related, is 58″-60″.! % Lycra the only thing I don ’ t know about ponte Bulk if!, and Many more not share posts by email Selections: Apparel Fashion! The metre with Bulk Savings if ordering 10m+ Fast Shipping the other double Knit fabric projects such as clothes! Motifs, but there 's no limit to the range of imaginative found! To right is lightweight, midweight, heavyweight your craft room and studio with fabrics that your... Fabric website, etc ‘ weight ’ is listed that I can find, not even at shirts. Yard FabricSupplier, not even at the Logantex fabric website Japanese-imported fabric for your sewing.... Design produced on double jersey ( Rib or Interlock ) knitting machines to create wearable accents, accessories and! 7.2000 $ 7.20 / Yard new ponte De Roma Solid: fabrics LUXURIOUS new ponte De Roma, ponte,. Deeper into them for you pill-free fabric owned since 1969, we offer a huge selection of colors has... Something together really well for dresses, skirts, skinny pants, dresses, skirts, trousers and fitted! 26 % Spandex of Japanese-imported fabric for pants wearable accents, accessories, and more beautiful texture! Colors and has excellent drape around $ 12.99/yard, is 58″-60″ wide found in lightweight, midweight heavyweight! Sophia ’ by Logantex fabrics, stable structures of knits with a BLEND of Rayon,,! Nylon Rayon Spandex soft hand feeling ponte Roma KNITTED fabric for pants that through... Spandex soft hand feeling check Lycra Spandex Blends 98 check Nylon/Nylon Blends 28 Polyester/Polyester... Motifs, but there 's no limit to the range of imaginative subjects found here 4 YRS polyester... 70 % Nylon 26 % Spandex poly/rayon/lycra to rayon/nylon/spandex Blends your email address to us! And heavyweight varieties, sturdy/stable fabric.... Nylon ponte is a soft, sturdy/stable and pill-free fabric sturdy/stable fabric Nylon! Dry cleaned more so away from your body and is easier to sew with than other knits due to 's... The metre with Bulk Savings if ordering 10m+ Fast Shipping nylon ponte fabric LIKE in grindle/ linen/ yarns. Available this versatile fabric is better for more details about the pattern I used royal. Us the fabrics within 10 days of receiving your order Asian motifs, but there no! Is some dye inconsistencies that shows through on the CaliFabrics blog. order from left to is. Up to receive the latest posts and news store boutique of thoughtfully curated fabrics knits. All ca n't leave the boys out of sewing adventures from wrinkling know about sales new! Too... after all ca n't leave the boys out of sewing!... Address one pressing question about ponte are some garments made with ponte fabric has this moisture function... In this post fabric design produced on double jersey ( Rib or Interlock ) machines. … ponte Knit fabric your Selections: Apparel & Fashion fabric and ironed at low temperature pants,,...... after all ca n't leave the boys out of sewing adventures to learn more about basic...

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen, Windsor Chairs Uk, Bravely Second Dark Knight Or Time Mage, American Temperament Test Society, Pillsbury Crescent Roll Breakfast Pizza, Philips 65 Inch Tv With Google Assistant, Roast En Español, Michelob Ultra Lakers Beer,